TEDDY TALKSDYNAMIC TEAM BUILDING
Trust creates teams, not the other way around. You want to build team, build trust. Then continue to build trust. Then some more. Teams don’t last forever. Enjoy the people and the trust you’ve built on your way to success. I can tell you how to do it. If you want, I can do it with you. Let’s have some fun.
1895 – 1948
“The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.”
“The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven’t made up their minds yet.”
is as popular in theory, as it is rare in practice. Many a so-called “team” is simply a group of people who report to the same person. Often, members lack the understanding and skills to function as a team to achieve desired results.
THE ONGOING PROCESS
Dynamic Team Building is an ongoing process that gets people in sync and develops requisite skills to solve problems, manage conflict, and make productive decisions.
Initial sessions include simulations and exercises that let participants shed their usual business role, assess their strengths and limitations, and explore new ways to interact. Ongoing sessions reinforce the team dynamic and deal with real-world business challenges.
“None of us is as smart as all of us”
– Japanese proverb
High Performance Teams:
- Set clearly-defined goals and uses those objectives as a “litmus” to measure success
- Recognize the functional interdependence of team members and appreciates that synergy
- Sets high standards of performance for the team (instead of responding to pressure from above), and knows it is accountable within a larger context
- Provide a safe space for feedback and open expression of ideas
- Foster creativity and innovation
- Complete tasks and solves problems